Thursday, February 3, 2011

Music Review - Nicki Minaj Pink Friday


Album Cover
  
The Deluxe Exclusive Fanpack from Target
 
CD Cover
Pink Friday T-shirt, Front
 
Pink Friday T-shirt, Back
Since I am such a lover of the Hip Hop culture, I missed the hardcore lyrics from female artist in that male dominated industry. But, from the moment I heard Nicki Minaj, I was hooked!!  Nicki started underground and was picked up by none other then Lil Wayne from Cash Money/Young Money. I like how Nicki really embodies so many things and I admire her for wanting to be the First Female Rapper turned Mogul. On her MTV documentary, My Time Now, you get to see the real Nicki front and center. She is still wearing her wigs and get ups but you get a glimpse of the savy business woman and the intimate family girl. Nicki candidly expresses why she feels the need to be and act in a certain way in order to get respect from her peers. After being a fan for a while now, I had to get her first album ever, Pink Friday. Honestly, its the first CD I bought in a super long time because I've downloaded her mixtapes along with other songs for free. (I will be posting a blog on how to download entire songs/albums for free) The Deluxe Exclusive Fanpack album contained a Limited Edition ladies t-shirt and 3 Bonus Tracks which my boyfriend purchased at Target. This funpack was not available anywhere else!!! After listening to the entire album, I give it 5 stars!!!!!. Bonus track, Muny, is one of my favorites along with singles Moment 4 Life and Roman's Revenge.








For more on Nicki Minaj


No comments:

Post a Comment