Thursday, February 10, 2011

Food/Dining Review - Holsten's

Holsten's
One day last week, I really didn't feel like cooking because it was just one of those days. We always pass by this place in Bloomfield, Holsten's, that is an Old Fashioned Ice Cream Parlor, so we decided to try it out. Upon entering no one greeted us at the door and we seated ourselves. We waited about 20-25 minutes to place and order and get drinks. Their menu is very simple serving foods like burgers, chicken nuggets, hot dogs and fries. By the time I got my order, I was already done with half of my soda. I ordered a bacon cheese burger that looked like I made it on my grill at home. The chicken nuggets my son and daughter ordered were cheaper than the ones you buy at the supermarket for like 100 for $2.99 **being sarcastic** and the cheese fries were missing the cheese! My youngest daughter ordered a hot dog which seemed to be the best meal. They have high school kids as servers that don't know time management and they didn't serve all the food at once making my boyfriend wait an additional 5-8 minutes for his fries. The kids meals came with ice cream but once were were done we waited about another 10-20 minutes to get the check. I asked for the ice cream to go, and if I wasn't able to take it to go we were just gonna leave it. Overall it was an awful experience.
2 THUMBS DOWN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment